Our first Mini Topic for the November HI Touch Learning Clinic will be a show and tell about using technology on holiday in Europe on a cruise ship. Our second Mini Topic will be a continuation of Terrence Young’s Finder Fundamentals.
Between mini topic sessions we’ll conduct Open Clinic Tech Support where technical questions and support will be provided.
Show and Tell – Technology Challenges on Holiday in the Mediterranean – Exploring Rome, Nice, Monte Carlo, Puerto Mahon, Palma De Mallorca and Barcelona
- Shipboard Communications on a Cruise Liner
- Useful Tech Accessories to Bring Along
- Tips to Maximize Connectivity without Going Broke
- Practical Photo Travel Tips
Finder Fundamentals – Presented by Terrence “Usah Friendly” Young
- Effective Desktop and Hard Drive Organization
- Using Folders, Files and Aliases
- Open, Close, Trash and Empty Trash
Open Clinic Tech Support
Do you have a “how-to” question? A good face-to-face session and hands-on support works wonders for many in need of TLC. Your HMAUS friends will be on hand to help you figure things out. You may bring your own laptop, handheld or luggable system if a “look-see” is needed. We do ask that you be considerate and resist bringing a lifetime of “issues” because we’ll be on an “as time permits” basis.
What you can expect at the HI Touch Learning Clinic
- Learn how to explore the Internet to find solutions
- Learn how others use applications and the operating system
- Learn how to perform basic maintenance
- Learn “best practices”
- Learn how to manage upgrades and downgrades
- Learn about new (or old) applications and hardware
HI-TLC is a free form open clinic; appointments are not necessary. Help will be dependent upon volunteers on hand but we’ll try to attend to all who come. You can help by preparing a list of the items that are of particular concern to you. You may complete and bring this form for your visit.
If you don’t have any questions of your own but just want to help others please come and lend a hand. We can all be FFF (face-to-face-friends).
For additional information contact Eugene Villaluz by sending an email to Member Support located on the Contact Us page.
Location: Capital One 360 Cafe (2nd Floor Alii Conference Room)
1958 Kalakaua Avenue in Waikiki
( see map )
Ample FREE parking and easy access